Human Medication Ingestion

Buddy came into our Racine location one night after ingesting several human medications. Due to the multiple medications and various toxicities and reactions, we consulted with Pet Poison Hotline and it was determined that Buddy needed to be decontaminated with oral activated charcoal and intravenous fluids, aggressive monitoring, and supportive care.

Our 2nd shift customer service rep, Liz, stayed with Buddy to monitor his condition and he decided to crawl in her lap to keep her close by. We are so happy we were able to capture such a sweet moment between the two of them.