Cash & Colt

Ibuprofen Ingestion

Check out this double dose of cuteness! These two 9 week old chocolate lab brothers (Colt & Cash) got into a baggie full of ibuprofen tablets at home. At high levels of overdose, kidney and liver damage can occur. The owners brought them in and they were admitted to our Racine 24 hour animal hospital for almost 3 days. They were treated for decontamination through fluid therapy, given GI protectants, and monitored blood work and have recovered fully! A happy ending for two happy pups!